Be a backyard mechanic
Most people agree that owning a home based business is the way to go. In fact, for many people, it is a dream of a lifetime to get out from the 9-to-5 grind and become your own boss. One way to do this is to become a backyard mechanic.
Of course being a backyard mechanic is quite different than operating a regular shop. In fact, you may find legislative challenges to overcome in order to start your business. But there are still ways to operate a accurate mechanic shop without the expense of a regular shop.
Aside from basic repairs and oil changes, you may also be able to do some autobody work on cars that have been accidents. For all of this you will need to have a good supply of inexpensive car parts. So where are you to find them? Here are some ways to find inexpensive car parts when you’re starting out as a backyard mechanic:
· Type “wholesale auto parts” into your search engine browser and find an innumerable amount of car part suppliers who can give you great prices on parts, free delivery over a certain amount, and sometimes even a warranty.
· Use eBay to find a great deal on parts, especially parts that are difficult to find elsewhere, on just about any car imaginable. EBay offers a good warranty on car parts purchased through them and the only drawback is that if you lose an auction you have to buy the part from somewhere else and that can be time-consuming.
· Form an auto-parts buying club with other local car enthusiasts to be able to buy in large quantities and get wholesale discounts.
· Contact your local scrap yard dealers and ask them if they’ll give you a discount if you buy a lot of scrap parts from them and take them off yourself, thereby eliminating their costs for labor and storage.
· If you live in a large city and can specialize in just a handful of vehicles, you can buy several scrap vehicles quite cheaply, store them, and use them for parts.
Many people moonlight as backyard mechanics, fixing the cars of family and friends. If local laws allow it, there is little to stop you from doing the same as a full-time job. And saving money with car parts would help you earn a profit quickly.