Auto Insurance Rates
Auto insurance rates will vary depending on the insurance agency, your driving record, and the type of insurance you are looking to purchase.
I you are looking for affordable car insurance or truck insurance
then read on.
- There are ways to reduce your premiums without giving up coverage.
- One of the easiest things to do is get auto insurance rate quotes online.
- This will allow you to comparative shop stress free.
Raising your deductibles is the easiest way to reduce your rates.
- The higher the deductible, the lower the premium will be.
- The deductible is the portion you will have to pay in the event of accident, before your insurance coverage steps in.
- It’s important not to carry a deductible that’s more than what you are able to pay.
- Your insurance company will not honor its portion of the claim until you’ve paid your deductible.
However, the higher your deductible the lower your premium cost will be
- Always remember to ask your insurance broker for any available discounts.
- Quite often we forget to ask and they don’t seem to volunteer the information.
A clean record on the current policy for a certain period of time, having your homeowner’s coverage with the same insurer, taking a defensive driving course, having an accident free driving record, and having an approved anti-theft device will reduce your auto insurance rates.
The type of car you drive can also reduce your rates.
- Stay away from cars that have a high class rating.
- Rates vary among the different makes and models of vehicles.
- The different rates are based on the risk of accident, cost to repair, higher theft rates for a particular model and replacement costs such as with a new vehicle.
- So be sure your vehicle isn’t going to be in a category that increases your rates too much.
A safe driving record consisting of no accidents and no traffic violations will get you the most substantial discount. Most insurance companies are very good at recognizing good driving habits. These are the drivers they want to insure because their risk is much lower.
If the car is old and not very valuable, comprehensive insurance is probably not worth buying as it can quickly add up to more than you’d ever receive in the event of an accident. You can save up to 20% by eliminating collision insurance. You may want to opt not to carry collision insurance as well which can save you and additional 20%.
Check around to make sure you are getting the best auto rates you can. Online auto insurance shopping has taken the guess work out of buying insurance and you can very quickly see if you are being hosed. So if your insurance is coming due now is the time to start shopping!.